The Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for finance and risk management at the LLB Group. He is a member of the Group Executive Board and head of the Group CFO Division. The latter encompasses the following tasks and key areas in finance and risk management:
- Overall bank management: It ensures transparency at all management levels in order that costs and income can be managed in line with corporate strategy and in an efficient and timely manner. This includes medium-term planning, the annual budgeting process, the Group Management Information System (MIS) and capital management.
- Financial management: It includes the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with both local laws and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as well as regulatory reporting and group-wide treasury management.
- Risk management: It is based on risk policy and encompasses the systematic identification and assessment, reporting, management and monitoring of credit risks, market risks, liquidity risks and operational risks as well as asset liability management (ALM).
- Credit management: It implements efficient and effective credit processes as well as timely credit decisions according to valid directives and instructions in a risk-oriented and profit-oriented manner.
- Legal & Compliance: Systematic monitoring encompasses legal and regulatory changes, providing support for their implementation and carrying out subsequent controls to avoid operational, financial and reputational risk. It deals not only with legal risk, but also compliance risk, such as money laundering and market abuse, and risk related to tax issues (see chapter “Regulatory framework and developments”).