The LLB Group is a universal bank with a strong private banking and institutional banking business. It has a client-oriented business model and under its StepUp2020 strategy is targeting growth, profitability, innovation and excellence.
Three market divisions
The LLB Group’s business model is based on three profitable market divisions:
- Retail & Corporate Banking comprises the universal banking business in the home markets of Liechtenstein and Switzerland (see chapter “Retail & Corporate Banking”). It provides the full range of universal bank services to private and corporate clients. As the market leader in Liechtenstein, LLB has a strong competitive position.
- Private Banking encompasses all the LLB Group’s private banking activities: investment advice, asset management, asset structuring as well as financial and retirement planning (see chapter “Private Banking”). Its focus is on the onshore markets of Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Austria, on the traditional cross-border markets in Germany and the rest of Western Europe, and on the growth markets of Central and Eastern Europe as well as on the Middle East.
- Institutional Clients encompasses the intermediary and investment fund business as well as the LLB Group’s Asset Management Business Area (see chapter “Institutional Clients”). Clients include fiduciaries, lawyers, asset managers, fund promoters, insurance companies, pension funds and public institutions. The target markets are Liechtenstein and Switzerland. With our Asset Management unit, the largest investment team in Liechtenstein, we have multiple award-winning investment expertise.
Governance and management structure
The LLB Group has a stable governance and management structure and an efficient organisation.
- The Board of Directors is responsible for overall management, supervision and control; it sets the basis for the Group’s strategy, organisation and finances (see chapter “Corporate governance”).
- The Group Executive Board comprises the heads of the six divisions: the three market divisions and the Group CEO, Group CFO and Group COO divisions (see organisational structure).
- The LLB Group includes the three banks Liechtensteinische Landesbank AG, Bank Linth LLB AG and LLB (Österreich) AG as well as the two competence centres LLB Asset Management AG and LLB Fund Services AG.